In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- SIEBA, Us, Our and We refer to Schools International Education Business Association of New Zealand Incorporated;
- You and Your refer to the user of the Website;
- Website means SIEBA’s website, located for the time being at http://www.sieba.nz/
USE OF THE WEBSITE BY YOU
You agree to only use the Website for purposes permitted by the Terms including that you will:
- keep your password and login secure and not share with any person not employed by your school.
- you will not share information which is only accessible by virtue of your membership with SIEBA with any third party which is not a SIEBA member.
- only use information obtained from the Website and the online engagement facilities for professional purposes.
- promote the objects and aims of SIEBA in all online communication through the SIEBA website and integrated social media channels.
- not post or otherwise disseminate personal information relating to members, international students or any other person that contravenes the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993 or any other relevant legislation.
- not post defamatory, untrue or malicious information or comments to the Website and at all times will keep your information up to date and correct.
You must not:
- use the Website directly or indirectly for any activity which breaches any laws, infringes a third party’s rights, is unlawful, or breaches the Terms;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to the Website;
- knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the Website;
- modify, adapt or hack the Website or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with us.
- engage in any other conduct that we may advise that we consider (in our absolute discretion) breaches these Terms or is otherwise inappropriate for the Website.
You are responsible for all equipment and software used to access the Website.
The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. SIEBA does not represent or warrant that the Website or the servers are free of Viruses or other harmful components, including that it may be hacked. SIEBA is not responsible for errors or omissions in any information or materials contained on the Website. While SIEBA attempts to make access and use of the Website safe, SIEBA cannot and does not represent or warrant that the Website or any content or materials are free of viruses or other harmful components. You should use virus detection software to protect against viruses, spyware, malware and other harmful or otherwise undesirable components. SIEBA reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Website at any time without notice.
The sample documents on www.sieba.nz are provided to you at your own risk, and you should not use any of these sample documents (“the documents”) without first seeking legal and other professional advice. SIEBA makes no representation as to the accuracy, relevance or completeness of the information contained in the documents. Access to the documents and associated material is provided on the condition that SIEBA will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special and consequential loss or damage, resulting from users’ access to and reliance on any information contained in the documents. SIEBA reserves the right to augment, delete or otherwise modify the information in the documents at any time and without notice. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
The Website may contain links to external sites. Those sites are not part of the Website and, unless otherwise indicated, are not under our control. SIEBA takes no responsibility for material in these external sites. You agree that by accessing any linked site you are doing so at your own risk and you agree to fully indemnify SIEBA against any liability arising out of your accessing any linked site.
You acknowledge that copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights (the IP) in the Website or displayed or available through the Website belongs to SIEBA or other third parties. You are not granted a licence to use any of the IP contained on the Website, unless you have specifically been granted permission by SIEBA.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
In no event shall the SIEBA or any of its employees, agents, independent contractors, service providers or consultants, be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, whether in an action in contract, tort, equity or otherwise which arises out of or in relation or connection to any use of the Website, including:
- the content of information posted on the Website, including any breaches of the Privacy Act 1993 or defamatory comments posted by users and displayed on the website;
- reliance by a user on any information obtained from the Website;
- internet access difficulties, equipment malfunction, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission,
- any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to the Website’s records and programs;
- any lack of availability or failure to provide the Website.
You agree to indemnify and hold SIEBA and its affiliates, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers, harmless from any and all claims and liabilities relating to your use of the Website or its use by any person on your behalf. For the purposes of this paragraph, Website includes any linked sites.
The illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of any part of the Terms will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder.
We may cease operating the Website, or any part of the Website, at any time in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to immediately suspend, limited, cancel or disable your access from the Website without prior notice in the event that you fail to comply with these Terms or we otherwise deem it necessary at our sole discretion.
These Terms are governed by, and construed in accordance with the law in force in New Zealand. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts for any proceedings in connection with these Terms.